Tales of walking, eating, watching and playing. Vintage treasures and simple pleasures ... the things that make her happy.

Monday 30 May 2011

New finds ...

Did a little buying yesterday to replenish stocks ready for the Vintage fair next Saturday ...

This gorgeous hat had to come home with me.  The net is in a beautifully muted shade of raspberry and is festooned with posies of fawn velvet and sherbet lemon flowers.   


A lovely over-the-top jug with lots of gold detailing

This sweet little case was in a very sorry state, extremely dirty, worn and torn.  I gave it a good clean, covered the worn handle with a length of lace ribbon and a little mother of pearl button ...

and lined the inside with some vintage sheet music.


More sheet music, with lovely covers.

A bundle of lacy trimmings to launder and wind onto dolly pegs.  The picture in the background is the lid of a lovely old chocolate box I found full of silk hosiery darning threads, embroidery threads and embroidery transfers.

A large barkcloth curtain panel; fabulous design and colours.
-------------------

Little man found this ... a teeny little pewter clog ... to go with these ...



... a little china bathtub and set of drawers.  The drawers made by Grandpa, with the tiniest handles and marquetry detailing ... all to go in his 'Boot House'.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

You found some lovely things....were we really at the same place, funny how there is something for everyone, I love that. The little case is gorgeous, especially with the make over. Am not doing Sherborne on Sat, but K will be there, so good luck, might pop in though see how it's going xx

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Marina:
What a transformation you have carried out on the little case. It is now absolutely charming, restored with imagination and care to perfection. We are sure that it will sell immediately at Saturday's fair.

Although it must be tiring finding appropriate items for your stand, and then working hard to bring them up, you must also, we feel, have a great deal of fun and enjoyment too.

Vintage Jane said...

I really enjoy the buying - I can only sell things I love myself, otherwise I feel my heart just isn't in it and it would become purely a soulless exercise in making money. I really wish I could keep all the things I sell, but with such a tiny house I can't, and so instead I have all the fun of sourcing lovely things and then sell them to like-minded people who I know will love them as much as I do.

Vintage Tea Time said...

That little case is superb now - well done! Someone will treasure that. Abby x

RDA Pony Tales said...

You have turned a tired looking case into something special, it looks so lovely now.
The marquetry and handles on the drawers are wonderful too, such a sweet addition to the Boot House. Abby x

Vintage Sunday said...

Oh what absolutely gorgeous finds! The beautiful hat, blue case, the lacey lovelies and sheet music are all just so wonderful, as is that delightful chocolate box lid! You are so clever! Love Brenda

Robins in the Trundle Bed said...

Thank you for your kind comments on our blog! We had a lovely birthday! We'd love to come flea marketing with you! Such great treasures!
Peace & Plenty,
Sheila and Sherrill

Used-to-Bees said...

What a fab job you did on the case! It is such a pretty shade of blue, and the addition of the lace and sheet music are great touches! That will fly away if it goes to the Vintage Fair. Have fun!
x

The Pea Pod said...

Hello there Vintage Jane! Thank you for your kind comment at The Pea Pod. Your blog is great, you now have a new follower xx

MissGinger said...

oh gosh i love the hat! new to your blog and glad i found it. x

vintage mum said...

Hi just found out I can now follow you I couldn't do it from my blog don't know why.
I love your case I have a passion for decoupage look forward to getting to know you
Cate x

*Maristella* said...

Hi Jane! Meravigliose immagini...lovely!!! Amo tantissimo le cose del passato e tu sei fortunata ad essere nata in Inghilterra....wonderful!!
Un caro saluto, *Maristella*....ciao!

Lola Nova said...

All of your treasures are amazing, lovely work on the case too! I especially like the tiny pewter clog.